GOLD COAST COURSES
Boat Licence Course
About the Course
The course covers the following topics:
- Pre boating checks
- Trip planning
- Navigation, tides, buoyage & vessel lights
- Man over board drill
- Rules of the road
- Safety equipment regulations
- Safety equipment operation
- Practical on water assessment
- Powers of authorised officers
- Masters duty of care
- Licence & vessel registration regulations
- Water-ski regulations
- Anchoring, mooring & docking
- Launching & retrieving
To obtain a PWC licence you need to have first obtained your Recreational Marine Drivers Licence (boat licence).
There are two aspects to obtaining your PWC licence:
1. Theory - To prepare for the PWC licence multiple choice assessment questions, please view our PWC study material [PDF, 230k], and study it. It contains the theory information you need for your PWC assessment.
2. Practical - When ready to go for your PWC licence test, please contact our closest training centre to arrange a time. You can provide your own PWC (must provide proof of insurance), or many of our areas have PWC's available.If you have never ridden a PWC we'll train you how to operate it, and in a constructive process bring your skills to the required level. We'll be on the water with you, either on an attendant PWC or boat, or on your PWC, and be able to offer advice and instruction. Allow an hour and a half for the assessment and administration
At the conclusion of the QLD PWC Licence Course you'll receive a Satisfactory Course Completion Certificate which can be presented to Queensland Transport to obtain your PWC licence.
This course is designed for those wishing to make offshore trips and making extended coastal passages.
Duration is 6 hours in a classroom environment, usually running over two evenings. ABC Gold Cost covers useful topics to help students gain the crucial navigation skills necessary to safely navigate a boat in open waters.
- How to plan your trip
- Necessary charts, instruments & publications
- Compass usage
- How to work out your position
- Latitude and longitude
- Safe anchorages
- Distance, speed, time & fuel calculations
- Basic electronics including GPS & radar
First Aid Courses
- How to get a QLD Boat Licence
Boat Licence Online Study Quizzes
Free Boat Licence online study quizzes now available for each state.» Click here to access the study quizzes«
- Free Learners Guide PDF
Download Learner Guide PDF (4.6MB)» Click here to download guide «
- Training Videos
See driver tasks for your boat licence test» Click here to view training videos «