FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What Will I Need on the Day?
- What Is the Minimum Age to Get a Boat Licence?
- Will I Need to Renew My Licence?
- How Do I Pay?
- Is There a Refund Policy for Monies Paid In Advance?
- Gift Vouchers?
1. What Will I Need on the Day?
- ID such as drivers licence, passport, 18+ card, student id or birth certificate -Second type of acceptable ID - Medicare card, financial institution debit/credit card signed
- A hat & sunscreen, maybe a warm or weather proof jacket depending on the weather (yes we will still run our course in the rain)
- A cold drink for the day, and lunch - you do have a short break if you wish to purchase something on the way to the practical session, tea & coffee is provided during the theory session
2. What Is the Minimum Age to Get a Boat Licence?
You must be 16 years of age to acquire a boat licence, but you are able to attend and complete the boat licence course training at 15½ years of age. Once you turn 16 years, you can take your certificate to Queensland transport to get your boating licence.
3. Will I Need to Renew My Licence?
No, once you have taken your certificate of competency to QLD transport, your boating licence is then for life, no renewals!
4. How Do I Pay?
Payment is required prior to attending the course; this will secure your booking & allow us to supply the pre training pack. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Bankcard, cash & EFTPOS.
5. Is There a Refund Policy for Monies Paid In Advance?
In the event that you cannot attend the course, refunds are not available, however given at least 24 hours notice your booking and payment is transferable to another date or person (max 3 transfers). In the event that a course is cancelled by us for any reason, you have the option of transferring to another course, or getting a full refund.
6. Gift Vouchers
Gift vouchers are available, or why not purchase the pre training pack that includes the bonus DVD as a special gift. This can be posted or purchased from our office at 14 Baldwin St Caloundra QLD 4551.
Booking for the boat licence course can be done after the pack or gift voucher has been received.
Medical Fitness Disclosure Statement
See driver tasks for your boat licence testDownload Medical Fitness Statement PDF (50KB)
Boat Licence Online Study Quizzes
Free Boat Licence online study quizzes now available for each state.Click here to access the study quizzes
Free Learners Guide PDF
Free Boat Licence online study quizzes now available for each state.Download Learner Guide PDF (4.6MB)
Free Boat Licence online study quizzes now available for each state.Click here to view training videos
BoatSafe training organisation