All Sydney Areas
- About ABC Sydney
- Courses & Prices
- Venues & Directions
- How to Get a NSW Boat Licence
- Gift Vouchers
- Call For Instructors
- How Do I Obtain a Boat/PWC Licence?
- Why Should I Choose An Australian Boating College Licence Course?
- What Do I Do on the Course?
- How Do I Book a Boat Licence or PWC Licence Course?
- What Happens If I Fail the First Time?
1. How Do I Obtain a Boat/PWC Licence?
As of the 1st of October 2006 anyone wishing to sit for a NSW general powerboat or PWC (Jetski) licence test must first complete a compulsory boating safety course (BSC).
As of June 2009, NSW maritime also require proof of practical boating experience. This can be gained in one day on a combined ABC theory/practical session or by completing three separate trips logged with the NSWM logbook.
Australian Boating College offers both practical and theory only courses which will enable you to obtain a NSW recreational Powerboat or PWC (jetski) licence. All students also receive the free Australian Boating College boating DVD with bar crossings, navigation, boat handling tips, & PWC riding tips!
2. Why Should I Choose An Australian Boating College Licence Course?
An Australian Boating College course is for everyone! Our courses consist of small groups and are fun, informative and promote a relaxed and interactive learning environment. All your questions will be answered and courses are structured to meet the needs of individuals whether you are new to boating and just about to buy your first tinny, or the proud owner of a new 60 footer!
3. What Do I Do on the Course?
The course covers the basics you'll need to know in order to stay safe out on the water. Among these are:
- Legal requirements
- Safety equipment
- Trip preparation
- Safe operation of the boat
- Avoiding collisions
- Safe navigation basics
For more boat licence course information click here.
4. How Do I Book a Boat Licence or PWC Licence Course?
To book a Australian Boating College Sydney Course please complete the following steps:
- Click the "Book a Course Online / See Prices" button to view the timetable.
- Find the appropriate date/time you wish to attend. Then book your place by clicking on the corresponding "Book Now" link.
- Fill in customer details. Click "Continue" to proceed.
- Confirm all details are correct. Click "Submit" to complete booking.
- Booking process is complete. You will receive a phone call or email to confirm your booking.
5. What Happens If I Fail the First Time?
We charge a once off only fee with Campbelltown, South Coast, Canberra & Southern NSW Australian Boating College.
Since the introduction of the new testing regime in October of 2006 many people have failed on their first attempt at the test. With us it's a "once off only" fee until you not only pass, but also you have a good understanding and awareness of the principles of safe boating.
- Sydney Harbour Boat Licence Practical Overview
Boat Licence Online Study Quizzes
Free Boat Licence online study quizzes now available for each state.» Click here to access the study quizzes«
- Free Learners Guide PDF
Download Learner Guide PDF (4.6MB)» Click here to download guide «
- Training Videos
See driver tasks for your boat licence test» Click here to view training videos «