Australian Boating College is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy and security of your personal information.
As a Registered Training Organisation, we comply with the Australian Quality Training Framework Standards and have documented and implemented policies and procedures to assure the integrity, accuracy and currency of our records including:
- ensuring that, except as required under the AQTF Standards or by law, information about a client is not disclosed to a third party without the written consent of the client;
- access by clients to their personal records.
Forms are available from Head Office for requesting access to or disclosure to nominated third parties of personal information. All staff, trainers, and agents are bound by Australian Boating College policies and procedures and must treat a client’s personal information with the strictest confidentiality.
The results achieved by clients attending Australian Boating College courses are subject to retention, archiving and retrieval for a period of 30 years and transfer consistent with the requirements of the registering authority. Australian Boating College will also keep records of courses undertaken (including dates, topics, activities and assessments) and Statements of Attainments issued.
Use of Personal Information
By enrolling into our course, personal information of clients of Australian Boating College may be used by it to:
- carry out reviews of our internal administration and operations including record keeping, risk management, accounting, archiving, systems development and testing and staff training;
- undertake planning, research and statistical analysis
- compliance with AQTF reporting and auditing requirements.
NCVER Reporting Privacy Notice (for where a Statement of Attainment has been issued)
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Australian Boating College is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on the enrolment form), may be used or disclosed by Australian Boating College for statistical, administrative, regulatory and research purposes. Australian Boating College may disclose your personal information for these purposes to:
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies; and
Personal information that has been disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following purposes:
- populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
- pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).