FOR YOUR BOAT & PWC LICENCE AT TOWNSVILLE AND FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND
Book your Boat and/or PWC Licence Course at our closest Venue
Jason Robinson operates the North Queensland Section of Australian Boating College and runs courses throughout most of North Qld with regular courses in Townsville.
Jason will travel to the Gulf and Cape York Regions for a boat or PWC licence course if the numbers allow.
ABC North Queensland has recently invested in a full off-road boat and Jet ski travel setup to access even the remote regions where boat ramps are nonexistent, if there is a suitable body of water we can get into it. He has been involved in boats for around 15 years and is a commercial Mariner with many years experience obtained in the military as crew and skipper of military vessels and as a trainer for commercial Marine qualifications.
About the Learning & Assessment Process
You can choose to do the learning with us in the classroom, or study online at times that suit you and in the comfort of your own home. Learning the rules requires the same amount of time either way.
A regulated closed book theory exam must be done in the presence of; and under control of our approved instructor. Additionally you will do the practical on-water training and assessment with us.
When you have completed all training and assessment, a Course Completion Certificate will be given to you so you can take it to Qld Transport to obtain your licence and pay their fee.
The boat licence course timings are regulated by the Department of Transport and Main Roads, and takes a minimum of 6.5 hours to complete; including assessments, theory and practical. Additional regulated time is required if also doing the PWC licence.
With Australian Boating College, obtaining a licence to operate your boat or PWC is made simple, with dedicated instructors who bring practical and theory together on the day of training.
- Australian Boating College (ABC) is the largest provider of Australian PWC (Jet Ski) and recreational boat training;
- We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3399) and we conform to National VET Training Standards;
- Every student receives high quality training and assessment processes;
- You have access right now to free online training quizzes which will help you prepare for the MCQ exam;
- You will experience safe, modern, comfortable vessels for practical training, which are similar vessels to what you will most likely be owning yourself;
- We conduct boat and PWC licence training courses Australia wide;
- We deliver extremely good value for money with prices that are competitive;
- We began training students for Boat Licences and PWC Licences in 1994;
- We operate our licence training courses under documented safety systems;
- Our instructors are hand-picked for their friendly manner, experience and ability to teach; which in turn delivers more students passing the exam.