We offer two options for your Boat and/or PWC Licence training:
- Face to face classroom training which includes in-class theory with our experienced commercial marine trainers; or
- Do the theory online with our comprehensive online training course, then come to us and do the practical with us on our boat.
Enjoy the comfort of our waterfront licence training rooms, our one day boat and jet ski licence courses are available every Thursday and Sunday at Southport Yacht Club, and every Saturday at Jacobs Well- Horizon Shores Marina.
Boat licence course- $150.00 ($140.00 per person for 2 or more)
Combined boat & jet ski course – $250.00 ($240.00 for 2 or more)
Jet ski only course- $150.00 ($140.00 per person for 2 or more) must already hold a boat licence
Autumn Special- combined boat & jet ski course $200.00 (save $50.00)
this special is valid for Southport location only
Book Online Today
Use our easy booking system using the links below, or call us on 07 5594 5653.
About the Boat & PWC Licence Learning & Assessment Process
You can choose to do the learning with us in the classroom, or study online at times that suit you and in the comfort of your own home. Learning the rules requires the same amount of time either way.
A regulated closed book theory exam must be done in the presence of; and under control of our approved instructor. Additionally you will do the practical on-water training and assessment with us.
When you have completed all training and assessment, a Course Completion Certificate will be given to you so you can take it to Qld Transport to obtain your licence and pay their fee.
The boat licence course timings are regulated by the Department of Transport and Main Roads, and takes a minimum of 6.5 hours to complete; including assessments, theory and practical. Additional regulated time is required if also doing the PWC licence.
About Australian Boating College Gold Coast
With Australian Boating College, obtaining a licence to operate your boat or PWC is made simple, with dedicated instructors who bring practical and theory together on the day of training.
- Australian Boating College (ABC) is the largest provider of Australian PWC (Jet Ski) and recreational boat training;
- We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3399) and we conform to National VET Training Standards;
- Every student receives high quality training and assessment processes;
- You have access right now to free online training quizzes which will help you prepare for the MCQ exam;
- You will experience safe, modern, comfortable vessels for practical training, which are similar vessels to what you will most likely be owning yourself;
- We conduct boat and PWC licence training courses Australia wide;
- We deliver extremely good value for money with prices that are competitive;
- We began training students for Boat Licences and PWC Licences in 1994;
- We operate our licence training courses under documented safety systems;
- Our instructors are hand-picked for their friendly manner, experience and ability to teach; which in turn delivers more students passing the exam.
Proudly supported by
I had a blast today and I would like to thank you for making me so welcome, and Rick for making the day such fun.
I’m going to recommend your boat licence course to anyone who will listen.
Thank you again,
I completed your rec boating course yesterday… I would just like to say !WELL DONE! your course material and the instructors were so easy to understand and the the way it was put across was a definite positive outcome so thanks for making things easy for the common person to understand.